Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21, 2017---THE FLAVOR OF FLOWERS, LAST WEEK TOGETHER, "THE SPIRIT IS THE ANSWER," CHILLING AND CHURRASCO, *NOTE/**NOTE FROM THE EDITOR, SURGERY AND GLASSES

 THE FLAVOR OF FLOWERS
fruit that you eat here that has the sabor (flavor) of flowers.







LAST WEEK TOGETHER
We have 2 baptisms planned for this week and it's the last week of our change together so we are super pumped for that.  

"THE SPIRIT IS THE ANSWER"
"The Spirit is the answer."  Presidente Markham always says that, haha.  Elder Rasband, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles,  talked to us.  It was super awesome!   I learned a bunch of things from Elder Rasband, but some things that stuck out to me is don't give up and look for ways to feel the Spirit and the love of Christ in our lives.  The church is true.  I really felt the spirit and love from our Savior.  It was such a great experience.

So awesome this week!   LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Les Amo
Elder Sweat

CHILLING AND CHURRASCO
Chilling with the homies.  Doing a churrasco for lunch with some members. 



*Note from the editor:  
I will share what I learned about Churrasco.

*Churrasco (Spanish: [tʃuˈrasko]Portuguese: [ʃuˈʁasku]) is a Spanish and Portuguese term referring to beef or grilled meat more generally, differing across Latin America and Europe, but a prominent feature in the cuisine of UruguayBrazilBoliviaArgentinaChileColombiaNicaraguaPeru and other Latin American countries. The related term churrascaria (or churrasqueria) is mostly understood to be a steakhouse...In Guatemala, churrasco is regarded as a typical dish, often eaten in familiar gatherings and festive occasions. It is usually served topped with chirmol, a red sauce containing chopped tomatoes and onions, and accompanied by corn, guacamole, grilled potatoes, stewed black beans, rice and tortillas.  Source Wikipedia

**Note from the editor:   
We got a call early Monday morning from President and Sister Markham letting us know that Elder Sweat needed some minor surgery on his toes and that he needed to have his glasses replaced.  It was such a sweet experience to hear from President and Sister Markham.  They told us that he was a hard worker said Dietrich is becoming a man.  They also said what great parents we were.  Haha!  We have excellent children.  The phone call and sweet words brought such a warm peace to my soul.  I will share with you what Elder Sweat told me about it the surgery and glasses.  

SURGERY AND GLASSES
"It's all good.  It was both my big toes, but this time I got anesthesia, haha.  You know how I am with these things, so I was breathing crazy hard and started to sing hymn and stuff cuz I was going crazy, haha.  But it was all good cuz my companion was there with me too.  I told him he had to come with me cuz you (mom)  would always be there for me for things like that too.  So he was a homie and was there with me and is making sure I'm all good haha.  He is a great companion."

"No, yeah, my glasses, they were getting pretty destroyed so I felt like it was time haha.  Thanks you so much to help me out to get new glasses.  They will not be wasted."  

Elder Sweat has always been very frugal and careful with money.  Such a sweet and thoughtful trait.  I know they won't be wasted.  They must have been bad for him to request a new pair.  Love this kid!





No comments:

Post a Comment