Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 19, 2017---YEA, I KNOW THAT I AM NOTHING...BUT I WILL BOAST OF MY GOD

September 19, 2017


ANTIGUA



Time flies when you're having fun!!  I'm going to finish strong.  We have two hermanitas (sisters) that can be baptized this week so if you guys could, please pray for them.  

Well, I've been learning that Joy is Jesus Christ and also about pride and humility.  We gave entrenamiento de Zona (training in the area) and it will be the last, ha and I gave my testimony and everything.  We are going to be working hard so we can help as many people as we can. 

I'm happy and agradecido (grateful) that I've been able to serve here with our hermanos (brothers) de Guatemala. It has been such a special opportunity for me and I've learned so much here.  I've learned to know my Savior more than I ever have before.  I've learned countless lessons from my companions, my leaders, the people here and from everywhere, ha.  I know that this is the true church here on the earth.  If we want to find joy and have a familia eternal (eternal family) that we really can lograrlo (achieve) if we rely on Jesus Christ and put our faith into action. 

I invite all if they haven't to go to church and see for themselves and pay attention to what they feel not what the members say or do, cuz the church is perfect, but the people aren't.  That's why they are there.  We have to remember that we can change everyday if we want to.  It's hard but possible.  

I've come to love one scripture and it's Alma 26:12:  

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

We need to give glory to where it's due...for our talents, logros, exitos, (achievements, successes), everything we have because of Him.  God has given me the chance to be here and learn so much and help many people.  I know it has happened because He has permitted it and has helped me to keep going.  I'm not saying I haven't worked hard,  hahaha, cuz I have.  But I know I wouldn't have been able to see so many miracles in my time here if it wasn't for Him.

I love my Savior.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that hoy dia (today's day) we have a living prophet that speaks to God with 12 apostles that are witnesses of Jesus Christ.  

Amo la mision (I love the mission).  It's the best thing in the world.  I invite all who are debating whether to go on a mission or not, to go, cuz that's what God wants and that's what will bring the most blessings in our vidas (lives) and in our family's lives, too.  I share this small testimony, in the name of our older brother, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Les Amo
Elder Sweat


Zona villa nueva y otras zonas de la capital (new villa area and other areas of the capital).



No comments:

Post a Comment