Tuesday, August 22, 2017

August 22, 2017---TO HAVE SUCCESS YOU HAVE TO OFFER SOMETHING OF YOURSELF

Villa Nueva y Asistentes

TO HAVE SUCCESS YOU HAVE TO OFFER SOMETHING OF YOURSELF
Well, this week was a little hard like always, but a little extra, ha.  We put a bunch of commitments and things we were going to change and it seemed like everything went for the worst and hit rock bottom.  But like Elder Griffin is always saying, "It's just a prueba de la fe (test of faith) to see if we keep going or give up or go slack."  I feel like God has been trying to teach me something.  I've been in my areas for lots of time so I think he has been trying to get through my thick skull that I need to be patient and learn to not give up on my faith and to keep going which def applies after the mission, too.  It's hard, but everything that's good in this life is hard to get.  To have success you have to offer something of yourself.   You have to leave your comfort zone to become like Jesus Christ.  And as Elder Holland reminds us that the life of Jesus wasn't easy so why would we expect to get a free ride or not have problems and hardships.  It's to strengthen us and make us become a more refined son or daughter of God. President Markham said, "Jesus is a refining fire.  The closer we get, the more it hurts, but it burns off the unneeded things so we can be refined through and by Him."  So, I figure that is what is happening right now and we just have to keep going so God can see our perseverance. 

My testimony has grown.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  What I'm trying to do now and working on now is to have a better knowledge and love for the scriptures.

Love all the fam so much!!

Les Amo
Elder Sweat



Futbol

No comments:

Post a Comment