Tuesday, September 6, 2016

SEPTEMBER 6, 2016---MORE MIRACLES, THE HAND OF THE LORD, GIVING WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT, SERVICE-LOVE AND SACRIFICE

SEPTEMBER 6, 2016

*Note from the editor:  I want to apologize for the extra shading on Dietrich's letter today. I was not sure how to convert it when I copied it over.  I'm only an amateur in a professional world.  Please forgive my ignorance.   

Drinking some water out of a bag.
Thanks, mom, for the color changing straws.
The thing behind me is our sink for the house.


MORE MIRACLES
This week was pretty great.   There were some awesome miracles happening.  Oh, yeah, we just got assigned to help an awesome family, so that's a blessing.  We are working hard and had a miracle happen this week that was a little more miraculous than the norm that we see as missionaries.

THE HAND OF THE LORD
Here is an excerpt from letter I wrote to Presidente Markham-

We were visiting a familiy that recently left the retention and we were singing a hymn and the esposa (wife) started to cough and stuff. But it got more serious and she couldnt breathe.  It was a little scary, to be honest.  I didn't want her to die right there and all. We gave her a blessing immediately.   When we said, "Amen" she took one last wheezing gasp and then started to breathe normally again. Then she talked and everything and was okay. 

This is one way I saw the hand del Senor (the Lord) in our hands. That, like Jefferey R. Holland says, we always need to be ready and worthy to give blessings.  We were able to help out this faithful hermana (sister). Truly a miracle and a blessing.  My faith of the priesthood grew a lot that day. And so did the importance to always be ready to act. 

We have an hermana (sister) that was a referencia (reference) that we are going to baptize this week and she is super prepared.  The Lord is really blessing us, right now, and I'm grateful for that. We need to keep working though and find more people who are ready to make changes in their life. 


Multi Zonas in the coast, try to find me.  Shout out to "Where's Waldo?" ha ha

GIVING WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT
We have changes again this next week, ha ha.  Time flies here when you forget yourself and go to work.   The food is great.  I want to try a bunch of cool fruits they have here but we'll see what happens.   The people here are so nice, maybe they won't except a message and stuff but if I aksed for water or food, for example, they would give it to us without a second thought. 




SERVICE, LOVE AND SACRIFICE
I'm learning a lot about service here and sacrifice and love right now. I read if we want to have the same feelings on the mission, at home, we need to serve widows, orphans, the poor, etc.  Yeah, almost a year, ha ha.  It goes by fast. 

Love you all soooo muuchhh be safe ya'll!

Les Amo
Elder Sweat

No comments:

Post a Comment