Wednesday, October 28, 2015

MTC PHOTO OF THE TALLEST, Guatemala "The Blue and White", ANNOYED AND BODY LANGUAGE, WE ARE GETTING BETTER, LATINOS, I BOUGHT THEM WITH MY MOM, WENDY'S AND POP, HARD TIMES FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE, EXACT OBEDIENCE BRINGS MIRACLES, BUILDS CHARACTER

MTC PHOTO OF THE TALLEST

P.S. GMA SWEAT, ELDER SIMS IS RIGHT NEXT TO ME, HA
Guatemala"The Blue and White"
We went on a tour of the Governors Palace.  It was pretty cool.  I'm pretty sure that no one lives there now. We also went to an underground mercado which was very interesting. I bought 2 Guatemala soccer jerseys.  I don't know if i mentioned this last time, but when we were on the plane to Guatemala, the whole Guatemalan soccer team was on our flight.  They had a huge trophy with them. 


ANNOYED AND BODY LANGUAGE
We went out tracting for like 20 minutes today in a large plaza.  Elder Trepenier and I talked to one guy and he said he read the bible all the time.  He didn't seem interested, but we talked with him for a while and I gave him the Book of Mormon to read and he said a bunch of other stuff that i didn't understand.  I think it was about the Bible and philosophy, mostly, I think. Ha. We tried to get info but he only gave us his name and said something about not having a phone or not wanting to be annoyed or was annoyed about phones?  Ha, idk.  I only smiled and tried to read his body language and nod my head.  Hopefully he didn't like say anything tooo bad about the Book of Mormon and stuff cuz I was agreeing with him. 

We had a pretty good talk tho overall. We bore testimony about the Book of Mormon and I told him how it has accounts of when Jesus visited the Americas, so maybe that sparked his interest, idk. I had a real strong feeling or urge to help him out and answer all his questions, but I could only understand very minimal, which stinks. 
When we were getting the other missionaries, he was reading it so who knows.  Maybe cuz I told him the Bible and stuff was great, too and that we can get answers from both. 

WE ARE GETTING BETTER
Anyways, Spanish is pretty hard but Elder Trepenier and I have taught 2 "investigators" and committed them both to baptism with like no notes during our teaching, so we are getting better.  

LATINOS
All the Latinos and more than 40 Nortes missionaires left, so the place is empty.  We have like 4 districts or something here in total, so really empty, ha. The guys that left were all pretty cool. I'm especially going to miss the Latinos!  They are awesome!  

I BOUGHT THEM WITH MY MOM
P.S. to mom, I gave one of my ties away, but i got a tie in return.  I don't trade them here, even though a lot of people want to.  I always say, "Naw, man, these are 100% polyester, machine washable, and I bought them with my mom,"  People respect that, ha.   A Latino was giving me one of his ties as a gift and so i gave him my solid, machine washable navy blue tie. I told him that's how Americans do it, ha, cuz he was a little like naw, its good man, at first. 

WENDY'S AND POP
We went to Wendy's and the only thing to drink there was, unfortunately, pop, so I drank it, ha, it was pretty good. 

HARD TIMES FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE
This city is pretty crazy.  Armed guards and barbed wire everywhere.  Lots of poverty.  It's really hard times for a lot of people. We were told that the average Guatemalan earns $600 a year, so that puts it into perspective.  While we were placing a Book of Mormon, these kids asked if we wanted our shoes shined and stuff.  I felt way bad.  I told them, "No thanks.  Sorry." You also see like 7 year-olds running around with squeegees trying to clean people's windows.  Women with babies, like strapped to them with some native cloth, trying to do stuff to get money. Like one lady, when we first got here,  juggled and asked for money. I really wanted to help them out, but the only helping I can mostly do here is bring people happiness in their lives from the gospel. 

OBEDIENCE BRINGS MIRACLES
Obedience brings success, exact obedience brings miracles. So I'm trying to be as obedient as I can, which is hard sometimes.  But, when there is a will, there is a way.

BUILDS CHARACTER
P.S.  Sorry about all the grammar mistakes.  Trying to hurry while using a Spanish computer, so, ha, kind of difficult at times. Builds character, though.

Love,

Elder Sweat



No comments:

Post a Comment